I know all of your excuses, all of the reasons why you can’t take charge of your career, because I’ve used them myself:
- You’re too busy
- Only braggarts toot their own horn; your excellent work should speak for itself
- You’re a lawyer, not a salesperson
- You get tongue-tied in networking situations and holiday parties (except after a glass of champagne or three, when … hoooooo-boy)
- You’re too green a lawyer
- You’re too young/old/fat/scrawny/tall/short/myopic/curly-haired/awkward in heels/ignorant about college football/useless on the golf course
- You’re a special snowflake afflicted with all of the above
But you know what? It’s our special quirks that make us stand apart, set the foundation for our unique superpowers. So be forewarned: I won’t let you get away with anything that may look like a valid reason to you, but is merely an excuse to the real world.
But I digress.
Here is what you really need to know about me:
- My job is to set you up with a personalized career roadmap that will increase your job security, and the likelihood of promotion (if you’re dreaming of partnership, don’t you want to maximize any and all advantages?). This plan will also help you bring in your own clients. And not just any clients, but the kinds of clients you actually want to work with.
- I work collaboratively. I’m not going to waltz into your life and assume that I know your vision for your career. I’ll help you uncover your most authentic and compelling vision, then craft a plan to get you there. And then I’ll insist that you do the mighty uncomfortable things that are in your plan. This is where we might have some frank exchange of opinions.
- I believe in systems, results, and ROI. That means that we’ll not engage in random acts of self-promotion, or wishful thinking about what might be working. Instead, we’ll track and analyze your progress, tweaking your plan as necessary.
If you need my credentials, here they are: